The City of Kelowna’s Civic and Community awards program is announcing the addition of a scholarship component to the Young Male and Young Female Volunteer of the year award. The three successful finalists selected in the Young Male and Young Female categories will each receive funding toward their post-secondary goals.
“This is an exciting opportunity to be able to recognize and support these incredible youth for the volunteer time they have contributed to various causes in our city,” said Amber Gilbert, Civic Awards Organizer. “We are fortunate to have the support of the Thomas Alan Budd Foundation to sponsor the scholarship component of this award.”
The 40th annual Civic and Community Awards recognize outstanding individuals, groups and organizations whose contributions and achievements benefited the city in 2014.
Nomination categories include:
- Young Male & Young Female Volunteer of the Year
- Bob Giordano Memorial Award – Volunteer Coach or Sport Administrator of the Year
- Bryan Couling Memorial – Athletic Team of the Year
- Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- Champion for the Environment (individual and business)
- Corporate Community of the Year (small/medium and large)
- Honour in the Arts
- Teen Honour in the Arts
- Fred Macklin Memorial – Man of the Year
- Sarah Donalda Treadgold Memorial – Woman of the Year
- Central Okanagan Foundation, Volunteer Organization of the Year
Nominations are due Friday, Feb. 13. Online nomination forms can be found on the Civic and Community Awards page at kelowna.ca/residents. Hard copy forms are available at City Hall and the Parkinson Recreation Centre. Completed forms can be dropped off at the Parkinson Recreation Centre or submitted online.
Individuals with questions regarding the nomination process are asked to contact Amber Gilbert at 250-469-8967 or [email protected].
Be inspired and celebrate with the finalists and recipients at the awards gala on April 30, 2015 at the Kelowna Community Theatre. Tickets will go on sale starting March 16.
For more information on the awards, visit kelowna.ca/residents.