The deadline to submit nominations for the 39th Annual City of Kelowna Civic and Community Awards is fast approaching.
Know an outstanding Kelowna citizen, volunteer, athlete, artist or business? Nominate them today. The awards honour individuals and organizations for outstanding contributions and achievements in 2013 that directly benefitted the Kelowna community.
The Civic & Community Awards is the City's premier awards event dedicated to recognizing volunteers, artists, athletes and business leaders through nine categories and 13 awards including:
- Bob Giordano Memorial Award
- Bryan Couling Memorial - Athletic Team of the Year
- Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- Young Male & Female Volunteer of the Year
- Teen Honour in the Arts
- Honour in the Arts
- Corporate Community of the Year (small/medium and large)
- Man & Woman of the Year
- Central Okanagan Foundation Volunteer Organization of the Year
- Champion of the Environment (individual and business)
Nominations will be accepted until noon on Friday, Feb. 14. Nomination forms are available at kelowna.ca/residents, City Hall, and the Parkinson Recreation Centre. Completed forms can be dropped off at the Parkinson Recreation Centre (1800 Parkinson Way) to the attention of Amber Gilbert, or submitted online from our website.
Individuals with questions regarding the nomination form are asked to contact Amber Gilbert at 250-469-8967 or [email protected].
Finalists and award recipients will be honoured at a Gala Awards Show on Thursday, May 1 at the Kelowna Community Theatre. Tickets are available by calling 250-469-8811.